We're always looking for talent
Is Hickok Cole what’s next for you?
Hickok Cole is a forward-focused design practice connecting bold ideas, diverse expertise, and partners with vision to do work that matters. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace where you feel comfortable bringing your full and authentic self to work each day. We want you to be proud to work for Hickok Cole and to feel connected and committed to the goals, values, and mission we share. Every one of us is here to be a part of something bigger, and each of us has a role to play in doing work that matters to our clients, our community, and to us — that’s where you come in.
Our team is growing and we’re on the hunt for people passionate about the future of our field and eager to help drive it. We know great work takes great teams and people with the focus, vision, and energy to keep us moving forward. That’s why we’re invested in providing a healthy work environment with the tools to support creative work and a balanced life, with competitive salaries and benefits to match. We've embraced changing for the better — diversifying leadership with new DEI and Design Director roles, earning our ILFI Just Label, investing in technology upgrades across the firm, and adopting a new flexible work policy that allows us to work from home up to two days a week. We also opened two brand new workspaces (in DC's Union Market District and RVA's Scott's Addition) designed to entice you out of your home office and into an environment that reflects and supports everything we love most about design.
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. While applying for a specific position is best, we're always looking for talented individuals to contribute to our growing practice. Tell us how you'd like to contribute by filling out the general application on the right.
What we are looking for
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (professional degrees preferred), Interior Design, or Graphic Design
- Exhibits design and technological sophistication, and is self-starting, energetic, and creative
- Strong graphic and design talent
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Valid work permit (USA)
What we offer
- Remote Work (up to 2 days a week) + Flexible Schedules
- Paid Leave + 8 Floating Holidays
- 401(k) Employee Savings Plan
- Health + Dental Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Mentoring Program
- Company Laptops + Standing Desks
- 24 Hours Paid Volunteer Hours Per Year
- Annual Wellness Month
- Monthly Team Social Events
- iLAB Research Microgrant Program
- Annual Summer Picnic + Holiday Party
- Fully Stocked Model Shop
- Dedicated Virtual Reality Space + Tools
Qualified applicants should address their CV, portfolio in PDF format, letters of recommendation, and queries for this vacancy to: Mark Ramirez, Principal.