Is Hickok Cole what’s next for you?
Hickok Cole is a forward-focused design practice connecting bold ideas, diverse expertise, and partners with vision to do work that matters. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace where you feel comfortable bringing your full and authentic self to work each day. We want you to be proud to work for Hickok Cole and to feel connected and committed to the goals, values, and mission we share. Every one of us is here to be a part of something bigger, and each of us has a role to play in doing work that matters to our clients, our community, and to us — that’s where you come in.
Our team is growing and we’re on the hunt for people passionate about the future of our field and eager to help drive it. We know great work takes great teams and people with the focus, vision, and energy to keep us moving forward. That’s why we’re invested in providing a healthy work environment with the tools to support creative work and a balanced life, with competitive salaries and benefits to match. The past two years have been challenging ones, but we've embraced the opportunity to change for the better — diversifying leadership with new DEI and Design Director roles, completing and submitting our application for an ILFI Just Label, investing in technology upgrades across the firm, and adopting a new flexible work policy that allows us to work from home up to two days a week. We also opened two brand new workspaces (in DC's Union Market District and RVA's Arts District) designed to entice you out of your home office and into an environment that reflects and supports everything we love most about design.
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Submit your resume, portfolio, and cover letter to introduce yourself and tell us why you’d make a great addition to the team.
What we are looking for
- Multi-family Residential or Hospitality Interior Designers with 1-4 years of experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Exhibits design and technological sophistication, and is self-starting, energetic, and creative
- Excellent Revit, SketchUp, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign skills
- Ability to work with the Senior Designer to develop strong design concepts and accurately document them in design presentations and construction documents
- Experience with space planning, FF&E specifications, material selections, codes, and coordination with consultants
- Experience with the construction administration process in multifamily and/or hospitality projects
- Excellent 3D graphic rendering skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Valid work permit (USA)
What we prefer
- LEED and/or WELL accreditation
- Progress towards NCIDQ Certification or Architectural Licensure
What we offer
- Remote Work (up to 2 days a week) + Flexible Schedules
- Paid Leave + Holidays
- 401(k) Employee Savings Plan
- Health + Dental Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Mentoring Program
- Company Laptops + Standing Desks
- 24 Hours Paid Volunteer Hours Per Year
- Annual Wellness Month
- Monthly Team Social Events
- iLAB Research Microgrant Program
- Annual Summer Picnic + Holiday Party
- Fully Stocked Model Shop
- Dedicated Virtual Reality Space + Tools
Qualified applicants should address their CV, portfolio in PDF format, letters of recommendation, and queries for this vacancy to: Mark Ramirez, Principal.